Science Overview by Grade Level
Kindergarten Students will:
· Expand their awareness of weather, its features, and its effects on their daily lives.
First Grade Students will:
· Explore the relationship between balance and weight.
· Classify organisms according to characteristics.
Second Grade Students will:
· Recognize differences between solids and liquids.
· Study the life cycle of butterflies.
Third Grade Students will:
· Use magnetism and electricity to introduce or reinforce concepts in physical science.
· Experience the scientific method.
· Investigate the interactions between land and water.
· Discuss the relationship of the Earth to our solar system.
· Observe the life cycle of a chick.
Fourth Grade Students will:
· Demonstrate the ability to use a microscope and make detailed observations.
· Explore the physics of motion and apply these concepts to technological design.
· Construct an aquarium and terrarium.
· Understand how living and nonliving things depend upon one another.
Fifth Grade Students will:
· Complete and present a science project for the Rose Tree Elementary Science Fair and
explore natural disasters.