April 25th, 2017 updated weekly
See Glenwood PTG tweets below
- It's not too early to start thinking about next year! We can use additional volunteers as board members and committee chairs. Please click here for open opportunities and more information. Please join us for the Tuesday, May 9th PTG Meeting to learn more about volunteer opportunities. We will vote on PTG Board Members and discuss PTG plans for the 2017-2018 school year. Please share your new ideas.
- Teacher Appreciation Week begins next Monday, May 1st.
Hospitality will be providing refreshments for our Grandparents/Special
Friends on Thur, May 4 and Fri, May 5. We will also be honoring our
Glenwood teachers and staff during our Staff Appreciation Luncheon on
Fri, May 5. We are asking your help with donating items for these
events! Please see the link below to sign up! Thank you for your
continued support!Special Friends/TA Sign Up
- Good News! The deadline to place orders with free shipping
to home for the Display My Art fundraiser has been extended to FRIDAY,
APRIL 28th! Think Mother’s Day and Father’s Day gift options! DMA
cannot guarantee delivery for Mother’s Day unless ordered sooner than
the 28th. You can also place orders after this date but shipping
charges will apply. Can’t find or forgot your child’s order number?
Please call 732-361-8511 or email Info@DisplayMyArt.com to obtain the number. You can also visit the web-site at www.DisplayMyArt.com for further information or contact Janine Fante.
- Join us for Glenwood's 9th Annual Family Bingo Night on Friday, May 19th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm in the Penncrest Cafeteria. Admission is $5 per person if pre-registered or $7 for each person at the door, with unlimited Bingo Cards. Watch for more information on the registration form coming home soon.
- Many thanks to Carol Umberger for organizing the on line Spirit Wear sale. The Glenwood pajama pants were favorites as one of the best selling items.
- In case you missed the March 7th PTG Meeting, please click here for the meeting minutes and information.
- The Hoagie Coupon Sale is now over. Many thanks to Colleen Keinath to overseeing this successful fundraiser.
Looking for a great camp this summer? The RTMSD Summer Enrichment brochure
is now on line. There are a variety of camps and classes for all grades. Click here to view the brochure and to register
- Did you know that Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts meet on Thursday evenings in Glenwood's Art Room? To find out how you can get involved, please contact Carol Umberger at email@example.com
5th GRADE PARENT MEETING NOTES
Tuesday January 10, 2017 6pm
Friday February 3rd @ Rocky Run YMCA
Students will arrive at 6:15pm, volunteers will sign in students
All students will take a swim test (small groups will be taken)
YMCA charges $250 for rental & pizza will be ordered
Donations will be appreciated for snacks/desserts – SignUp Genius will be sent out
Aimee Donnelly will contact Wawa for water donations
Volunteers will be needed (MUST have clearances) – SignUp Genius will be sent out
Book/ DVD – PICTURES Christa Consadene Please continue to
upload your pictures! A shared Fifth Grade Recognition 2016-2017 folder
has been set up in Google. By clicking on the blue link below, you
will arrive at this folder and be able to open it and view the six
folders inside for Kindergarten through Fifth grade. Just open the
grade level folder you need, and drag and drop or upload pictures from
your computer directly to the folder. No need to save; Google
automatically saves for you! Thank you so much for assisting with this
important part of the fifth grade recognition!
Shared Google Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8uv7nOGfRGEWGpoVUNUT3JTRTQ?usp=sharing
Bags Jen SchmidtJen & Sharon Nattress were
going to place an order for drawstring bags as the student’s end of year
gifts. They will have “Springton Lake” printed and can be used for
next year (ideal for days they have swimming in gym!). These are
similar to last year’s bags, and in order to receive a discounted rate,
they will order enough for next year’s class as well.
grade Group Picture LifetouchFebruary 28th – same day as
Spring Pictures, each student will be given a copy of the picture and
it will be included in their end of year gift. We will look into
- Media Food BankThursday evenings 6 pm
volunteers – students & chaperones Please sign up to volunteer with
your student (Reminder: chaperones must have clearances)
- 5th Grade Fun Day will be held at Rocky Run YMCA – this is the day all 4 schools gather, any ideas are welcome
- Field Trip – Washington, DCWednesday May 31st – All chaperones must have clearances & all chaperones are welcome
- Baby Pictures / Parent Letters Therese Tanzilli
- Decorations for Ceremony Alex Brock
- Next Meeting: Thursday, February 9th
The Staff greatly appreciates our support during long conference days. Thank you families for your donations! Many thanks to Liz Doyle and Marina Hepler for organizing conference meals and hospitality events.
- With almost 200 students attending, we had another great night at Oasis!
We sang Happy Birthday to Mr. Bucci and had cake too. Many thanks to
all families for your participation. This fundraiser, which is
generously supported by Oasis, who gives 100% of the admission price
back to our school, has already raised over $3500. We are still waiting on a final payment from Oasis.
- We had a nice turnout at the March 7th PTG meeting. Thank you to all parents who attended. To see minutes from our recent meeting, prepared by the PTG Secretary Coleen Fickes, click here. To review our most current Financial Report, prepared by the PTG Treasurer, Blaise Kearney, click here. Thank you to Penncrest Students who provided childcare.
- Thank you to Michele Durkee for organizing Chick-fil-A Night after the Holiday Sing Along.
- Many thanks to Liz Doyle, Marina Hepler, Kim Wolff and all parents who donated goods to Parent Teacher Conference Days in November. Thanks to your generosity, along with the donations received by local vendors, we were able to provide hearty meals for the Glenwood Staff on November 21st and 22nd.
- Thank you to Amy Donaghy and parent volunteers for putting together a great Kindergarten Get Together on Friday, October 21st.
- It was Spooktacular!! Many thanks to Katie Scheckner and our very creative Glenwood Families for a frightfully delightful and well attended Trunk or Treat event on Saturday, October 29th.
A few highlights from the PTG Meeting:
- Do you know about the Girls on the Run Program?
It's a 10 week after school program that develops and improves social,
emotional and physical competence for girls in grades 3rd through 5th.
Parents rave about this non competitive program as it helps participants
develop confidence, strength of character and compassion. In order to
bring this wonderful program to Glenwood, we are seeking at least 4
volunteers, who are will work together with a group of 8 - 20 girls,
twice a week for 90 minute sessions after school, during the months of
February through May. Training, a curriculum and all materials will be
provided. If you are interested, please contact Coleen Fickes at
PTG UPCOMING EVENTS:
SaveAround Coupon Book Fundraiser is now over. Books were sent
home in mid September for your review. If you would like to keep your
book, please send in $25 per book today. Please send in cash or checks
payable to the Glenwood PTG. If you do not wish to keep your book,
please return the book to your child's teacher this week. Buy 5 Coupon Books and you will receive a 6th book for free.
PTG Dues of $15 per family are due this week.
use the pink Make It Easy form if you would like to write one check for
multiple items, like the $25 Coupon Book and/or to make a tax
deductible donation to the PTG. The Glenwood PTG is a non profit
you need a receipt? If you have already paid your dues but did not
provide your email address, please contact maryannetroy@comcast,net to
request an email confirmation of your 2016 tax deductible contribution to the Glenwood PTG. Thank you for your support.
- Michele Durkee, who manages the Yearbook,
is seeking volunteers interested in taking pictures and/or creating
pages for the yearbook. Please contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are able to help.
HOW YOU CAN HELP GLENWOOD:
PTG Volunteers are always needed!
Volunteers make a difference at Glenwood. All levels of commitment
and involvement are welcome.
Volunteering is a great way to learn more
about our school and gives you a chance to share your ideas and make it
a better place for our children. To find out more about opportunities on the PTG Board and PTG Committees, visit: http://www.rtmsd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=5533
- Throughout the year, don't forget to bring your camera to school! Help create the next Glenwood Yearbook by sharing your pictures with the Yearbook Committee.
Pictures are needed from each classroom, so please remember to bring
your camera whenever you attend classroom events or field trips. Contact
Michele Durkee at email@example.com.
- Consider being a Library Volunteer: Volunteers
may help out during their children’s regularly-scheduled
sessions (especially in grades K-2). Students get more
guidance in book selection, and parents enjoy seeing their
classes. Please check the library schedule on Glenwood's
which shows the day and time that your child’s class goes
library. Parents may also stop in as they have time to
or “read” the shelves, and help is especially needed during
our Nov. Book Fair. For more information, please contact Mr. Grisillo
at (610) 627-6919 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Do you shop on Amazon? The Glenwood PTG is now part of Amazon's Smile Program. Every time you shop, please visit https://smile.amazon.com/ch/47-2153363:
Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible AmazonSmile items back to the
Glenwood PTG. This is an easy way to earn money for our school.
- Glenwood Goal: Please ask your family, neighbors, and friends clip and save fifty labels for Glenwood this year. Glenwood
earns .10 per label; this is an easy way to make over $1000 for our school, if each family saves 50 Box Top labels. We appreciate your help. For questions about Box Tops, contact Michele Kalinowski at email@example.com
- Would you like to be more involved with the PTG this year? We need your help. Click here and scroll down to the 2016-2017 listing, to see how you can help.
FOR RTMSD COMMUNITY NEWS and RESOURCES,
click on the following links:
Great Program for Families of Fourth Graders
Is it Day 7 or Day 8? Save time in the morning (and throughout the day) by clicking on the new RTMSD Mobile App
. Download it for free on iTunes or Google Play and always stay connected with school and district news,
events, lunch menus, announcements, sports schedules, directories and more.
- Did you miss the last PTG Meeting? Click here to review PTG Meeting Minutes. Click on the current Financial Report.
- From time to time,
students may need to have a change of clothing. Please donate children's
athletic/play clothing in good condition. If your child has outgrown
the following items, please send them in to our School Nurse.
Items needed: Elastic shorts, wind pants and t shirts. Please do not
send in any restrictive/tight clothing like jeans or items with lots of
buttons or zippers.
To learn more about what's happened at school this past year:
Please read the minutes from our most recent PTG meeting:
To review current PTG financial activity, please click on:
For questions about updating this or any other PTG related page on this web site,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.