College Application Directions
· Get Started: log into your Naviance Family Connections account.
· Read your welcome message on the homepage which clearly outlines your roles and responsibilities for the entire application process.
· Go to: Application Step #1 located on the upper left corner of your Naviance homepage and complete the process.
. Photos of both transcript forms are also acceptable
· Request all transcripts in your Naviance Family Connections accounts as indicated in Application Step #1.
· Complete the Request for Official Transcript Form and email it to your counselor
· Complete the Transcript Release Form and email it to your counselor.
· If you apply to additional schools after your initial request, you must submit another Request for Official Transcript Form to your counselor
SAT and ACT Scores
· Students must submit all SAT and/or ACT scores electronically to all colleges they are applying to.
- The guidance department does not forward this information.
- SAT and ACT sites are linked to students’ Naviance Family Connections homepage on the lower right side.
- Please allow up to three weeks for the scores to be received by the college
Letters of Recommendation
· Speak directly with your teachers and provide them with the "Student Brag Sheet for Teacher Letter of Recommendation" form with any related items needed in order to write your letter. See the guidance webpage under forms for the brag sheet.
· Request teacher’s letters through your Naviance accounts. (Refer to College Recommendation Letters from your Naviance homepage.)
· If you apply to additional schools after your initial request and need your teacher to send his/her letter to those schools, you must email your teacher directly. He/she will not know to submit his/letter to the newly added college.
The guidance department will not be collecting student’s resumes nor mailing them to colleges.
· Submit resumes through your college applications, either via the Common Application, individual online college applications, or by mail.
· Develop your resume through your Naviance account by going to the About Me tab and building your resume. Counselors can view your resume on Naviance.
All forms are available on the Penncrest Guidance Homepage under College Application Forms..
· Request for Official Transcript
· Transcript Release Form
· Teacher Recommendation Request Form