What is Naviance?
Naviance is a web-based career and college research and planning tool for students, parents and school counselors. The website manages individual students through interest and learning style inventories and the entire college planning, application and decision process. This program will be used starting in 6th grade through graduation from Penncrest High School. In middle school, students will become familiar with the Naviance website through developmental guidance lessons. Topics explored will include the following: identify personal interests and strengths, research a variety of careers, build a resume, and explore college and post secondary options.
What does Naviance do?
* Provides Interest and Learning Style Inventories
* Allows students to investigate careers
* Provides a list of careers that match student interests
* Searches and matches colleges/post secondary options by specific data
* Compares colleges
* Compiles college plans
* Tracks application deadlines
* Lists scholarship opportunities