Shop Amazon and Support SLMS
The SLMS PTG is enrolled in the Amazon Associates program, which gives us 4% of most purchases and up to 10% on others. Note that this is not the Amazon Smile program, which only gives 0.5% back to your chosen charity. To support the SLMS PTG with your Amazon shopping, you need to enter Amazon's site using one of the following two links, one if you participate in Amazon Smile and one of you do not. You can bookmark these links on all browsers and devices:
How It Works
The links that you click on contain our associate ID (the "tag=slmsptg-20" part), which gets stored in your browser so that Amazon knows we referred you to the Amazon site for shopping. Any item you buy qualifies for credit for the PTG. Any item that you put in your shopping cart also qualifies, as long as you purchase it within 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you mean, it's not Amazon Smile?
The SLMS PTG is not currently a participant in the Amazon Smile program because we are not yet a 501(c)(3) charity. You will not find us in the list of available organizations. This is the Amazon Associates program, which earns us a much bigger percentage of the purchase price.
- What happens when I shop through Amazon Smile?
If you use the SLMS PTG referral link above, you support the SLMS PTG and continue to support your chosen charity. We will announce when we have completed the application process for becoming a 501(c)(3) charity, and at that time, you can choose SLMS PTG as your charity, or you can continue to support your current charity. The Amazon Smile and Amazon Associate credits are additive.
- Do I have to use the PTG's link every time I shop on Amazon?
Yes, you must start each Amazon shopping session by using one of our specially tagged links to take you to the Amazon site. This is different from the Amazon Smile program, which you set once and works anytime you shop on the Amazon Smile site.
- Where can I find the SLMS PTG's Amazon links?
We try to provide them in all of our communications and online material.
- The SLMS Homepage has a link in the right column, under "Site Shortcuts" -- "Amazon Link to Support SLMS". This is a link to the regular Amazon site, and you can switch to Smile at any time and your referral from the PTG will remain valid.
- The SLMS PTG Homepage
- In our email communications, including the PTG section of Dr. Salladino's weekly newsletter.
- When can't I shop using the SLMS PTG's Associate tag?
It won't work when we can't provide a link with our special tag, such as when you:
- order through an Echo device
- order using an Amazon App, like on your phone or tablet
- "Subscribe and Save" for automatic reorders
- click through to Amazon using someone else's link
- How can I order on my phone or tablet and still benefit the SLMS PTG?
If you shop Amazon on your phone or tablet, you have to start on our special Amazon link and use your device's browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Amazon Silk, etc.) rather than the Amazon app.