Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year.
My name is Michelle Ross and I am the Student Relations Facilitator at Springton Lake Middle School. I come to the role with thirteen years in education. I hold a Bachelor of Arts: Secondary English Education and a Master of Science: Instructional Technology from Saint Joseph’s University. I have taught grades K-8 in the School District of Philadelphia, and I was the Technology Coordinator at Greene Street Friends School in Philadelphia. I have a passion for helping students. My heart for children led me to mentoring. I have been successful in finding scholarship funds, assisting with college applications, summer employment and enrichment services. Helping students realize their potential gives me great joy.
I am looking forward to both meeting and getting to know you and your student. I will fully support your student. That support will include:
- welcome students to stop by my office to talk
- offer assistance with general class preparation and organizational and study skills
- work with teachers and guidance counselors to support student progress
- check and monitor grades regularly
- help students with conflict resolution and seeking out appropriate resources
- explore academic summer enrichment opportunities
- offer regular and specific encouragement to all who will listen
I will continually encourage your student to be their best. My hope is to make them feel comfortable and supported, empower them to self-advocate, cultivate a love of learning, and help them fully enjoy their middle school experience.
My services extend to you as well. If I can help in any way or if you would like to chat with me about your student, please do not hesitate to contact me. My office is located in the rear of the library. My office hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:30am-3:30pm. I am looking forward to meeting you and working with your student throughout the school year.