Registration for New Students is completed at:
308 N. Olive Street, Media
(Corner of 4th St. & Olive St. – Parking lot entrance is on 4th)
Registration hours are as follows:
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Pennsylvania School Law requires a medical examination by a health care provider for all students entering kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires all children to have a dental examination upon entry into school (kindergarten or 1st-grade), as well as in 3rd- and 7th-grade.
Both medical and dental examinations must be completed within one year prior to the beginning of the school year.
Please bring the following documents at time of registration:
1. Completed Student Registration Packet. Please click on the link provided here for the Registration Packet.
- Please print the packet, complete it, and bring it with you when you register. One packet is required for each student
2. Parental proof of residency AND a document establishing identity.
- Residency verification may be a deed, mortgage statement, current lease agreement (fully executed) or current real estate tax
- Identity verification may be a valid driver’s license, DOT identification card or voter registration card
3. Child’s original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or valid passport.
4. A copy of the student’s most recent physical examination by a health care provider for all students entering
kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
5. A copy of the student’s immunization records as follows:
Children in ALL Grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) - 4 doses, with 1 dose administered on or after the 4th birthday.
- Polio - 4 doses, with 4th dose administered on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (usually given as MMR) -2 doses
- Hepatitis B– 3 doses
- Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 doses or evidence of immunity
For attendance in 7th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV)– 1 dose
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) – 1 dose
For attendance in 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV) – 2nd dose
6. If the student is in any Special Education/Gifted classes and has an IEP/GIEP or received support through a 504 plan,
please bring in a copy of the IEP (including Evaluation Report/Reevaluation Report), GIEP or 504 Plan with you.
7. If parents are not living together, a document establishing custody must be provided. If there is no court ordered
custody agreement, a notarized letter stating the custody arrangements (i.e. “with Mom Monday – Thursday and
with Dad Friday – Sunday”) and signed by both parents is acceptable. Child must be living in RTM School District a
minimum of 50% of the full week throughout the calendar year.
Again, welcome to the Rose Tree Media School District. If you have any questions concerning registration hours, what is required, or the packet please feel free to call 610-627-6019.