With the exception of kindergarten, we will not begin accepting registrations for the 2021-22 school year until March 15, 2021.
Due to Covid-19 and the cancellation of schools, Rose Tree Media School District will no longer accept registration packets in person at this time. All packets must be delivered to the Education Center by mail, email attachment or fax. Please make sure all contact information is complete and accurate.
C/O Registration Office
308 N. Olive Street
Media, PA 19063
RE: Student Registration
Contact person: Ms. Cotumaccio
RE: Student Registration
Fax # 610-627-6130
Ms. Cotumaccio will contact you regarding your child’s registration packet Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Pennsylvania School Law requires a medical examination by a health care provider for all students entering kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires all children to have a dental examination upon entry into school (kindergarten or 1st-grade), as well as in 3rd- and 7th-grade.
Both medical and dental examinations must be completed within one year prior to the beginning of the school year.
Please include the following documents with your child’s registration:
If you do not have the ability to make copies of important documents, you can take a picture of these items and send by email. Rose Tree Media School District reserves the right to request presentation of the original documents once the restrictions related to Covid-19 are lifted.
1. Completed Student Registration Packet.
- Please click on the link provided here for the Registration Packet. Please print the packet, complete it, and mail, email or fax to the information listed above. One packet is required for each student. If you do not have the ability to print a packet, please email Ms. Cotumaccio at email@example.com, and include your address and phone number. You will receive the packet in the mail.
2. Parental proof of residency AND a document establishing identity.
- Residency verification may be a deed, mortgage statement, current lease agreement (fully executed) or current real estate tax bill.
- Identity verification may be a valid driver’s license, DOT identification card or voter registration card
3. A copy of the child’s original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or valid passport.
4. A copy of the student’s most recent physical examination by a health care provider for all students entering kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
5. A copy of the student’s immunization records as follows:
Children in ALL Grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) - 4 doses, with 1 dose administered on or after the 4th birthday.
Polio - 4 doses, with 4th dose administered on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given
Measles, Mumps and Rubella (usually given as MMR) -2 doses
Hepatitis B– 3 doses
Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 doses or evidence of immunity
For attendance in 7th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV)– 1 dose
Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) – 1 dose
For attendance in 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV) – 2nd dose
6. If the student is in any Special Education/Gifted classes and has an IEP/GIEP or received support through a 504 plan, please submit a copy of the IEP (including Evaluation Report/Reevaluation Report), GIEP or 504 Plan with you.
Failure to submit this information will directly affect your child’s education.
7. If parents are not living together, a document establishing custody must be provided. If there is no court ordered custody agreement, a notarized letter stating the custody arrangements (i.e. “with Mom Monday – Thursday and with Dad Friday – Sunday”) and signed by both parents is acceptable. Child must be living in RTM School District a minimum of 50% of the full week throughout the calendar year.
8. Parents/guardians who live with relatives or friends must complete a Certificate of Multiple Occupancy. Residency inquiries/requests for the Certificate of Multiple Occupancy may be directed to the Registration Office at 610-627-6019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, welcome to the Rose Tree Media School District. If you have any questions concerning registration hours, what is required or the packet, please feel free to call 610-627-6019 or email@example.com.