Registration for New Students is completed at:
308 N. Olive Street, Media
(Corner of 4th St. & Olive St. – Parking lot entrance is on 4th)
Registration hours are as follows:
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Pennsylvania School Law requires a medical examination by a health care provider for all students entering kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires all children to have a dental examination upon entry into school (kindergarten or 1st-grade), as well as in 3rd- and 7th-grade.
Both medical and dental examinations must be completed within one year prior to the beginning of the school year.
Please bring the following documents at time of registration:
1. Completed Student Registration Packet. Please click on the link provided here for the Registration Packet.
- Please print the packet, complete it, and bring it with you when you register. One packet is required for each student
2. Parental proof of residency AND a document establishing identity.
- Residency verification may be a deed, mortgage statement, current lease agreement (fully executed) or current real estate tax
- Identity verification may be a valid driver’s license, DOT identification card or voter registration card
3. Child’s original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or valid passport.
4. A copy of the student’s most recent physical examination by a health care provider for all students entering
kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
5. A copy of the student’s immunization records as follows:
Children in ALL Grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) - 4 doses, with 1 dose administered on or after the 4th birthday.
- Polio - 4 doses, with 4th dose administered on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (usually given as MMR) -2 doses
- Hepatitis B– 3 doses
- Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 doses or evidence of immunity
For attendance in 7th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV)– 1 dose
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) – 1 dose
For attendance in 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV) – 2nd dose
6. If the student is in any Special Education/Gifted classes and has an IEP/GIEP or received support through a 504 plan,
please bring in a copy of the IEP (including Evaluation Report/Reevaluation Report), GIEP or 504 Plan with you.
7. If parents are not living together, a document establishing custody must be provided. If there is no court ordered
custody agreement, a notarized letter stating the custody arrangements (i.e. “with Mom Monday – Thursday and
with Dad Friday – Sunday”) and signed by both parents is acceptable. Child must be living in RTM School District a
minimum of 50% of the full week throughout the calendar year.
8. Parents/guardians who live with relatives or friends must complete a Certificate of Multiple Occupancy. Residency
inquiries/requests for the Certificate of Multiple Occupancy may be directed to the Registration Office at 610-627-6019.
Again, welcome to the Rose Tree Media School District. If you have any questions concerning registration hours, what is required, or the packet please feel free to call 610-627-6019.