The Test-to-Stay Program is for students and staff who are identified as a close contact due to an in-school exposure to a Covid-19 positive individual. These individuals can be antigen tested after an in-school exposure on days 1 or 2, 3 or 4, and 5, 6 or 7 in lieu of quarantining. If you do not want your child to participate in the Test to Stay program, your child would follow the current quarantine requirements.
In order to be a part of the school district's test to stay program, you must be identified as an in-school close contact by one of the school nurses. Students should not report to the testing site unless they have been directed to do so by a school nurse.
The Test to Stay site is located at the Springton Lake Middle School Natatorium. Testing times will range between 7:00 - 8:45am, Monday through Friday only on school days. We encourage the following arrival times:
- Penncrest High School - between 7:00 - 7:30am
- Springton Lake - between 7:30 - 8:00am
- Elementary Schools - between 8:00 - 8:45am
After testing, your child will wait in a socially distanced area for 15 minutes awaiting results.
- If your child tests negative, your child can return to school.
- If your child tests positive, you will be notified before you leave the site. Your child will need to go home. The school nurse will contact you with further instructions.
Additional information will be provided if/when your child is identified as a close contact of an in-school exposure, including the exact dates for antigen testing based on their date of exposure.