IMPORTANT TAX INFORMATION
The Rose Tree Media School District mailed out the 2020-2021 School Real Estate Tax bills on July 1, 2020.
Please contact the RTMSD Tax Office at #610-627-6140 if you have not received your bill.
Taxes are payable as follows:
- at a 2% discount by August 31st.
- at full amount by October 31st.
- at a 10% penalty until year-end; December 31st.
Taxpayers are reminded that the deadline for accepting the Discount amount (2% off) or First
Installment amount was AUGUST 31, 2020.
If you enrolled in the installment plan, the installment coupons were mailed on September 14, 2020. Please contact the RTMSD Tax Office at #610-627-6140 if you have not received your Installment Coupons.
Taxpayers are reminded that the deadline for accepting payment at the FLAT amount or the 2nd Installment is October 31, 2020. The closing date for accepting School Real Estate Tax payments is December 31, 2020. Unpaid real estate taxes will be turned over to the Delaware County Tax Claim Bureau in Media for collection~ with additional fees and interest added.
Failure to receive a bill does not entitle owner to discount or remission of penalty on taxes.
School real estate tax bill payments are NO LONGER accepted at any bank branches. Payments can be mailed to the LOCK BOX at the following address (in detail):
Mailing address for Tax Payments (In Detail):
Rose Tree Media School District
Mail Code 8208
P.O. Box 7247
Philadelphia, PA 19170-8208
Or, payments may be dropped off using the DROP BOX located at the Rose Tree Media School District, 308 North Olive Street in Media. The DROP BOX is located to the left of the main entrance doorway.
If a receipt is needed, please include the entire bill along with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Real Estate Tax Bill Information:
- Real estate tax bills for 2020-2021 are being mailed by July 1, 2020.
- The School District Fiscal Year runs July 1 through June 30.
- If you do not receive your tax bill by July 19, 2020, please call: #610-627-6140.
- The District does offer verbal tax information for no additional charge. This information is available by calling #610-627-6140.
- Rose Tree Media School District includes detailed remittance payment instructions on the tax bill. After reviewing these instructions, if you have any questions please contact the Tax Office at #610-627-6140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Failure to receive a bill does not entitle owner to discount or remission of penalty on taxes.
- Interim bills are issued based on notification of changes to property assessments received by the District from the County.
- If you are mailing your tax payment, the postmark on the tax payment envelop must be a U.S. postmark (not a mail machine) stamped on or before the due date for the amount being paid. If you are mailing your payment close to the due date, the only way to guarantee the official postmark is to go to your local post office and ask to have the envelope hand stamped.
- The Tax Office strictly adheres to all tax bill due dates.
- Unpaid real estate taxes will be turned over to the Delaware County Tax Claim Bureau in Media for collection~ with additional fees and interest added.
Taxpayers may choose to pay by installments. Installments are paid in three equal payments due on August 31, October 31 and December 31. Installment payments are based on the FLAT amount due. If the first installment is not paid by August 31, the taxpayer is not eligible to participate in the installment payment plan. After receiving the first installment payment on or before August 31, 2020, the remaining two installment coupons will be mailed to you in September. Failure to make the second installment payment by the due date of 10/31/2020 will result in a 10% penalty. A third installment payment received after the due date of 12/31/2020 will be returned and the amount owed will be handed over to the Tax Claim Bureau. All due dates are strictly adhered to.
Millage Rate for 2020-2021: 26.9365
Homestead Assessment Reduction Amount: 8118
Duplicate Bill Fee: $10.00 / Return Check Fee: $25.00
Tax Certification Fee: $10.00 for each year / for each parcel. Mail request along with a check made payable to "Rose Tree Media School District", 308 N. Olive Street, Media, PA 19063. We will fax the completed certificate back to the fax number you provide. (A self-addressed stamped envelope for certificate return is NOT needed with your request because we will e-mail or fax the certificate to you).
Instructions for Tax Bill Corrections:
If the owners’ name is incorrect due to misspelling, please call the Board of Assessment for further information at (610) 891-4898. If the owners’ name is incorrect due to marriage or divorce, please contact your local title company so that a new deed may be created and filed.
If you would like to remove a deceased owners’ name from the tax bill:
-- Fax a signed request with copy of death certificate to the Board of Assessment Office.
Fax # is (610) 891-4883.
-- Mail a signed request with copy of death certificate to:
Delaware County Courthouse
Attn: Assessment Office
Government Center Building
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063
If you would like to change the mailing address on the tax bill, click on the link below:
Delaware County Address Change Form
--Fill out the form completely and then mail to the address located at the bottom of the form, or fax it to the number located at the bottom of the form.
Per Capita Tax Information:
In May, 2019 a resolution was passed by the Rose Tree Media School District Board of School Directors
to remove the collection of the 2019 and any future Per Capita taxes.
*NOTE: any prior, unpaid Per Capita taxes in collection must still be paid and satisfied.
Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program:
To qualify, you or your spouse:
--must be 65 or over
--permanently disabled and under 65
--widow or widower over age 50
--you have paid your tax and have a receipted proof of payment.
Please contact the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue toll free by calling
#1-888-222-9190. To order rebate forms, call #1-800-362-2050.
Click here for more information about the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program.
Other Helpful Links:
Edgmont Township Website
Media Borough Website
Middletown Township Website
Upper Providence Township Website
Delaware County Website - Click here to find out if you are Homestead approved. Enter your property number and your street name. When your property information comes up, the homestead approval will be listed next to the line that says "Homestead Status-Next School Bill Cycle". If you have any questions, you can contact the Rose Tree Media School District Tax Office at #610-627-6140.
Tax Payers Bill of Rights