The Bobcat Bulletin
Indian Lane's Weekly Newsletter
Reading is fun!
March 18, 2019
Message from our Principal
We finally had a full week of school. Students and teachers were able to spend some consistent time on instruction which has been lacking the past few weeks. We rolled out some new playground equipment and our PBIS team prepared lessons to review with the students about taking care of it. This upcoming week, we have Title I Math and Reading Night at Media Elementary on Wednesday, World Down Syndrome Day and a PTG Meeting on Thursday, and Bobcat Breakfast on Friday morning. We hope to see many of you around the school this week.
From the Office
- On Thursday, March 21 2019, we will join the Down Syndrome Association of Delaware and other schools & organizations around the world in celebrating WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY. Let’s Rock Our Socks & join the movement to advocate for the rights, inclusion, and well-being of people with Down Syndrome everywhere. Wear bright, colorful, happy socks on March 21st!
- Chuck-N-Duck is Tuesday, March 26th from 4:00-5:00 p.m. in the gym. This fun dodgeball event for registered third, fourth, and fifth grade students raises money for our student council and supports Media Food Bank.
- Spots are still available for your family to attend a Bobcat Pride Breakfast. Choose a month, sign up on the website, & come enjoy some family time with everyone’s favorite Bobcat!
- Registration RTMSD Summer Enrichment Programs is now open!
- Our summer programs offer something for everyone. Click on the link above to see what your child would enjoy.
- Program Spotlight of the Week - Summer Theater: Frozen, Jr. The Musical. Rose Tree Media is excited about the talent of our students. To provide an opportunity for students to improve and showcase these talents, the district is holding a four-week full day Musical Theater Camp this summer. The camp is open to students entering grades 4 through 12 and will culminated with two performances of the chosen musical. The camp runs July 8th through August 2nd Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. & Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Springton Lake Middle School. Cost is $500 for four weeks. For more information about this & other camps, click here.
From the Library
The Reading Olympics competition for Indian Lane is scheduled for Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at Northley Middle School beginning at 6 p.m. Stay tuned for more details if your child is on the team.
Mark your calendars! Poem In Your Pocket is Friday, April 5th & Saturday, April 6th.
Parents, please ask your child if he/she has any overdue library books. If books are lost or damaged beyond repair, please email Mrs. Hatton.
Check out some amazing, free activities for kids at Middletown Free Library!
From our Cafeteria
- March Lunch Menu
- Every Thursday is Snack Day! Students can purchase ice cream for $0.85, soft pretzels for $0.60, or cookies for $0.65.
- For more information about our food services, click here.
From our PTG
The next meeting is Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 7 p.m. in the library.
- Run the Lane, Indian Lane’s 5K or 2 mile walk, is a family event scheduled for Saturday, June 1, 2019. Early registration is open now through May 15, 2019.
- Tuesday, 3/19 - Fifth grade class photo
- Wednesday, 3/20 - Title I Night, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Media Elementary
- Thursday, 3/21 - Rock Your Socks for National World Down Syndrome Day
- Friday, 3/22 - March Bobcat Pride Breakfast, 8:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, 3/26 - Chuck-N-Duck, 4:00-5:00 p.m., Gym
- Register for RUN THE LANE!
- Register for RTMSD Summer Enrichment Programs!
For a PDF version of this week's Bobcat Bulletin, click here.