Science Overview by Grade LevelKindergarten Students will:· Expand their awareness of weather, its features, and its effects on their daily lives.First Grade Students will:· Explore the relationship between balance and weight.· Classify organisms according to characteristics.Second Grade Students will:· Recognize differences between solids and liquids.· Study the life cycle of butterflies.Third Grade Students will:
· Use magnetism and electricity to introduce or reinforce concepts in physical science.· Experience the scientific method.· Investigate the interactions between land and water.
· Discuss the relationship of the Earth to our solar system.
· Observe the life cycle of a chick.Fourth Grade Students will:
· Demonstrate the ability to use a microscope and make detailed observations.· Explore the physics of motion and apply these concepts to technological design.· Construct an aquarium and terrarium.· Understand how living and nonliving things depend upon one another.Fifth Grade Students will:
· Complete and present a science project for the Rose Tree Elementary Science Fair and
explore natural disasters.