This program focuses on problem based teaching and learning. The math concepts are introduced with a problem-solving experience, then the concept is enhanced through direct instruction.
The topics are:
- Solve Addition and Subtraction Problems to 10
- Fluently Add and Subtract Within 10
- Addition Facts to 20: Use Strategies
- Work with Addition and Subtraction Equations
- Represent and Interpret Data
- Extend the Counting Sequence
- Understand Place Value
- Compare Two-Digit Numbers
- Use Models and Strategies to Add Tens and Ones
- Use Models and Strategies to Subtract Tens
- Measure Lengths
- Reason with Shapes and Their Attributes
- Equal Shares of Circles and Rectangles
This program implements the common core standards to promote in-depth development of the topics taught. It also has a strong focus on math vocabulary.