This page was created to help provide an additional resource for communication regarding Red Ribbon week. Since its beginning in 1985, the Red Ribbon has touched the lives of millions of people around the world. In response to the murder of DEA Agent Enrique Camarena, angered parents and youth in communities across the country began wearing Red Ribbons as a symbol of their commitment to raise awareness of the killing and destruction cause by drugs in America. In 1988, NFP sponsored the first National Red Ribbon Celebration. Today, the Red Ribbon serves as a catalyst to mobilize communities to educate youth and encourage participation in drug prevention activities. The website for Red Ribbon week can be found here for additional information - http://redribbon.org/about/
Did you know?
- Children of parents who talk to their teens regularly about drugs are 42% less likely to use drugs than those who don't, yet only a quarter of teens report having these conversations.
Red Ribbon Theme?
- "Send a message. Stay Drug Free."
Red Ribbon Week Dates?
- Media will be participating in Red Ribbon week from October 24th - October 30th.
Below is the timeline of events for Red Ribbon Week?
- Thursday (10/24) - Be a Drug-Free team ((wear your favorite team's jersey))
- Friday (10/25) - I Believe in Me! ((wear RED day))
- Monday (10/28) - Sock it Drugs ((wear crazy socks))
- Tuesday (10/29) - Put a Cap on Drugs ((wear a hat))
- Wednesday (10/30) - Our Future is Bright ((wear neon))