WELCOME TO THE ROSE TREE MEDIA SCHOOL DISTRICTEducation Center
308 No. Olive Street, Media
Registration hours are as follows:Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.Pennsylvania School Law requires a medical examination by a health care provider for all students entering kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 11th- grade, as well as all new students to Pennsylvania schools regardless of grade level.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires all children to have a dental examination upon entry into school (kindergarten or 1st-grade), as well as in 3rd- and 7th-grade.
Both medical and dental examinations must be completed within one year prior to the beginning of the school year.Please bring the following documents at time of registration:1. Parental proof of residency AND a document establishing identity.· Residency verification may be a deed, current lease agreement or current real
estate tax bill· Identity verification may be a valid driver’s license, DOT identification card or
voter registration card
2. Child’s original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or valid passport.
3. A copy of the child’s immunizations as follows:
Children in ALL Grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
· Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) - 4 doses, with 1 dose administered on orafter the 4th birthday.
· Polio - 4 doses, with 4th dose administered on or after 4th birthday and at least 6months after previous dose given
· Measles, Mumps and Rubella (usually given as MMR) - 2 doses
· Hepatitis B – 3 doses
· Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 doses or evidence of immunity
For attendance in 7th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
· Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV) – 1 dose
· Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) – 1 dose
For attendance in 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:· Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV) – 2nd dose4. If the student is in any Special Education/Gifted classes and has an IEP/GIEP or
received support through a 504 plan, please bring in a copy of the IEP (including
Evaluation Report/ReEvaluation Report), GIEP or 504 Plan with you.5. If parents are not living together, a document establishing custody must be provided.
If there is no court ordered custody agreement, a notarized letter stating the custody
arrangements (i.e. “with Mom Monday – Thursday and with Dad Friday – Sunday”)
and signed by both parents is acceptable. Child must be living in RTM School District
a minimum of 50% of the full week throughout the calendar year.
In addition, please click on the link provided here for the Registration Packet. Please printthe packet, complete it, and bring it with you when you register. One packet is required for
each student registering.
Again, welcome to the Rose Tree Media School District. If you have any questions concerning
registration hours, what is required, or the packet please feel free to call 610-627-6020.